MARI OPTION B - Modo Render (MARI 3.0 & UP)
- If you’re working in MARI, you don’t have to import it. It’s built in into the software.
- Clean AO
- Simple options
- Gives you a preview inside the software
- Slowest method
- Preview is slow too
- Machine Specs: i7 6700K | 32 GB | Geforce 1070
- Tile Resolution and Quantity: 2K - 4 Tiles
- Baking time: Aprox. 20 minutes
Open MARI and import your HIGH RES geometry.
Right click on the toolbar and select Modo Render.
Here on the Modo Render window, click on the Bake tab and choose AO on the roll out.
On the Modo Render window, I usually change only the occlusion distance. Just dial the value to a number that suits your needs, choose your Bake Resolution and Depth and press Bake.
After the baking is done, you’ll see a new channel on your Channel tab called AO, and your baked map will be inside. Isn’t that sweet?